Employment-based Nonimmigrant Visa

Intracompany Transferee Visa (L-1)

An L-1 visa is issued to executives, managers and employees with specialized knowledge transferred
from a company outside the United States to a United States branch office. L-1 applicants must demonstrate that they are employees of the company sponsoring them and that the petitioning company has employed them abroad in an affiliated office for at least one year during the three year period immediately preceding the filing of the petition (there are exceptions if the L-1 employee has been working for the affiliated entity in the United States). If the L-1 employee is being transferred  to the United States to establish a new subsidiary, affiliate, parent or branch office, the L-1 visa is initially issued only for one year. L-1 visas are granted for a maximum period of five or seven years

Are you or your employee being transferred by an international company to work temporarily in a similar position in the United States? Call Boston Immigration Attorney, Monique Kornfeld to determine if you or your employee is eligible for an L1 visa: 617-323-5049.