Employment-based Nonimmigrant Visas

NAFTA Visas (TN)

Pursuant to the NAFTA treaty, citizens of Canada and Mexico may work in the United States up to a period of one year in one of several specifically designated professional positions in TN status.

There is no limit on the number of renewals.
Professionals of Canada or Mexico may work in the US if:

  1. they are citizens of Canada or Mexico;
  2. their profession is on the NAFTA list;
  3. they are going to work for a US employer (self employment is not permitted); and
  4. they have the qualifications of the profession

Are you a Canadian and Mexican citizen who plans to work temporarily as a business professional in the United States? Call Attorney Monique Kornfeld to learn if you qualify for TN nonimmigrant status: 617-323-5049.