Employment-based Nonimmigrant Visa


Nonimmigrant visas allow for foreign nationals to come to the US on a temporary basis to visit, study, work, teach, etc. The primary nonimmigrant working visas are the H-1B specialty occupation visa, the L-1 intracompany transferee, the E-1 and E-2 treaty trader and investor, the O-1 extraordinary ability alien, the J-1 exchange visitor and the R-1 religious worker. There is an alphabet of visa categories currently running through V. Also, for certain countries, the US waives the visa requirement and allows visitors to come for up to three months under the Visa Waiver Program.

Are you an employer seeking to hire temporary nonimmigrant employees for a specific purpose? Call Attorney Monique Kornfeld to learn which petition you must file with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services:617-323-5049.