Employment-based Immigrant Visas

Outstanding Researcher (EB-1B)

To qualify as an “outstanding researcher,” the alien must demonstrate international recognition as outstanding in a specific area. The US Citizenship and Immigration Services requires at least two of the following:

  1. Receipt of major prizes or awards for outstanding achievement in the academic field;
  2. Membership in associations in the academic field that require outstanding achievements of their members;
  3. Published material in professional publications written by others about the alien’s work in the academic field;
  4. Evidence of the alien’s participation, either individually or on a panel, as a judge of the work of others in the same or allied field;
  5. Evidence of the alien’s original scientific or scholarly research contributions to the academic field; or
  6. Evidence of the alien’s authorship of scholarly books or articles in the academic field.

The alien must have at least three years of research experience in one’s field. There must also be a job offer from an employer.

Can you (or your employee) demonstrate international recognition for outstanding achievements in a particular academic field? Call Attorney Monique Kornfeld at 617-323-5049 to learn if you or your employee meets eligibility criteria for a first preference EB-1 visa.