As of August 12, 2016, according to the US Department of State’s Charlie Oppenheim, the following can be expected in the movement of immigrant visas:
- There will be an infusion of visa numbers for FY 2017 that will make EB-4 India and EB-4 Mexico current in October;
- The final action date for EB-4 Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras should progress to a date sometime in the summer of 2015;
- EB-2 Worldwide should become current again in October 2016 but EB-3 Worldwide will most likely not become current;
- The final action date for EB-2 China and EB-3 China will remain the same through the end of this fiscal year and in October EB-2 China is expected to advance to late 2011 or early 2012 and EB-3 China’s final action should reach 2012 or early 2013; and
- In October EB-2 India should advance to early 2007 and EB-3 India should progress slowly and is likely to remain at a 2005 date in October.