US Consulates Resume I-130 Processing

According to a USCIS press release dated March 26, 2007, “U.S. citizens, including members of the armed forces, who live abroad, may resume filing Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, with an American embassy or consulate in countries where there is no U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) international office.”  USCIS international offices will also continue to accept Form I-130 immigrant visa petitions without interruption for petitioner’s residing abroad.