Immigrant Visa without Labor Certification

Outstanding Researcher (EB-1)

In order to qualify as an “outstanding researcher,” the alien must demonstrate that he or she is internationally recognized as outstanding in a specific area. The Immigration and Naturalization Service requires the showing of at least two of the following in order to satisfy this test:

  1. Receipt of major prizes or awards for outstanding achievement in the academic field;
  2. Membership in associations in the academic field that require outstanding achievements of their members;
  3. Published material in professional publications written by others about the alien’s work in the academic field;
  4. Evidence of the alien’s participation, either individually or on a panel, as
    a judge of the work of others in the same or allied field;
  5. Evidence of the alien’s original scientific or scholarly research contributions to the academic field; or
  6. Evidence of the alien’s authorship
    of scholarly books or articles in the academic field.

The alien must have at least three years of research experience in his or her field. There must also be a job offer from an employer.