US Consulates Resume I-130 Processing

March 27th, 2007

According to a USCIS press release¬†dated March 26, 2007, “U.S. citizens, including members of the armed forces, who live abroad, may resume filing Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, with an American embassy or consulate in countries where there is no U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) international office.”¬† USCIS international offices will also continue to accept Form I-130 immigrant visa petitions without interruption for petitioner’s residing abroad.